Who We Are:
We are a collaboration of social workers, organizations, social work schools, and individuals working to promote macro social work practice. Macro social work practice focuses on changing larger systems, such as communities and organizations. It encompasses a broad spectrum of actions and ideas, ranging from community organizing and education to legislative advocacy and policy analysis.
- Association for Community Organization and Social Administration (ACOSA), @acosaorg
- Kristin Battista-Frazee, MSW, Author and Marketing Consultant, @porndaughter
- Laurel Hitchcock, PhD, Assistant Professor of Social Work, University of Alabama at Birmingham, @laurelhitchcock
- Stephen Cummings, ACSW, LISW, Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Iowa School of Social Work, @spcummings
- Pat Shelly, MSW, Director of Community Engagement and Expansion, University at Buffalo School of Social Work, @UBSSW @PatShellySSW
- Rachel L. West, LMSW, The Political Social Worker, @poliSW
- Sunya Folayan, MSW, ACSW, founder/executive director, The Empowerment Project, Inc., @SunyaFolayan
- Vilissa Thompson, LMSW, Founder of @RampYourVoice, Disability Rights Consultant and Advocate, Macro Social Worker @VilissaThompson Blog: http://rampyourvoice.com/
- Karen Zgoda, MSW, LCSW, PhD student in Public Policy at the University of Massachusetts Boston, @karenzgoda
- Linda Grobman and The New Social Worker Magazine – We welcome The New Social Worker Magazine (@newsocialworker) as our new media partner! The New Social Worker is the award-winning social work careers magazine founded by Linda Grobman in 1994. Website www.socialworker.com . This online magazine features practical articles on social work, ethics, field placement, practice issues and specialties, technology in social work and more.
#MacroSW Timeline – Coming soon!
Former Chat Partners:
- Deona Hooper, Editor in Chief and Founder of Social Work Helper (@swhelpercom), @deonahooper
- Relando Thompkins-Jones, MSW, LLMSW, writer of Notes from an Aspiring Humanitarian (N.A.H.) @Relando_T and @N_A_H_Blog
- Network for Social Work Management (NSWM), @TheNSWM
- University of Southern California School of Social Work, @mswatusc