by Rachel West
For our March 1 #MacroSW chat we will be taking a deeper dive into ethical dilemmas in Macro SW practice. We have explored the ethical duty we have to practice at the Macro level via the Code of Ethics. Now we will talk about some of the unique dilemmas faced in macro practice and some possible models for addressing them.
- When we practice at the macro level we are often working with groups in the community. Who is the client?
- When there is no consensus in the group, who decides on the action to be taken?
- Social Workers can be members of the group they are representing or not. Is one better than the other?
- What models have you used to solve ethical dilemmas in your macro work?
- Where can we get support when we have these dilemmas?
The chat starts at 9:00 PM EST / 6:00 PM PST.
#MacroSW is a collaboration of social workers, organizations, social work schools, and individuals working to promote macro social work practice. Macro social work practice focuses on changing larger systems, such as communities and organizations. It encompasses a broad spectrum of actions and ideas, ranging from community organizing and education to legislative advocacy and policy analysis. The chats are held weekly on Twitter every Thursday at 9 p.m. EST (6 p.m. PST). Click here for a list of chat partners. For information about how to participate in the #MacroSW chat, view our FAQs. For chat schedule and chat archives check out: http://macrosw.com.