By Rachel L. West
Advocacy & Community Outreach consultant
Note: A transcript of this chat can be found at
Jeff Fromknecht from Side Project, Inc. will be the special guest expert for the July 9th #MacroSW Twitter chat. The chat topic will be Political Activity at 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organizations.Jeff is a lawyer and social worker. He serves as Chief Executive Officer and Attorney at Law for Side Project Inc. The Organization supports and advocates for charities and philanthropic work.
Side Project Inc. supports charitable and philanthropic efforts–large and small. Our legal and development services focus on growing your ideas and projects into sustainable activities that have a positive impact on the community. We help people and organizations who want to change the world. No matter what your legal or development needs are, we promise to deliver objective, informed advice and actionable plans focused on helping you to make a difference in the community.
We work with tax-exempt nonprofit organizations, social enterprises, individual & grassroots projects, private foundations, small businesses, and law firms.
The chat will cover laws and regulations governing political activity at 501(c)3 nonprofits. Topics will include how nonprofits can influence public policy, how IRS regulations affect the work of 501(c)3s, and issue advocacy.
Resources for the chat:
The chat starts at 9:00 PM EST. To participate use the hashtag #MacroSW. I will be moderating from @poliSW account. Jeff will be Tweeting from Side Project, Inc. account (@Sideprojectinc).
#MacroSW Tweet chats a bi monthly chats that take place on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month at 9:00 EDT/6:00 CT PM. The chats are collaboration between the following individuals and organizations.
- Association for Community Organizing and Social Administration (ACOSA), @acosaorg
- Karen Zgoda, MSW, LCSW, Instructor of Social Work at Bridgewater State University, @karenzgoda
- Network for Social Work Management (NSWM), @TheNSWM
- Rachel West, The Political Social Worker, @poliSW
- University at Buffalo School of Social Work, @ubssw
- University of Southern California School of Social Work, @mswatusc
- Sunya Folayan, MSW, ACSW, founder/executive director, The Empowerment Project, Inc., @SunyaFolayan
- Laurel Hitchcock, PhD, Assistant Professor of Social Work, University of
Alabama at Birmingham,@Laurelhitchcock
- Kristin Battista-Frazee, MSW, Author and Marketing Consultant, @porndaughter