Join us on Thursday, July 24 at 6PM PDT/9PM EDT, for #MacroSW tweet chat moderated by The Network for Social Work Management (@TheNSWM) on how to turn networking into your competitive advantage and to discuss strategies for professional networking.
Complete our networking survey about your networking experiences. Results will be shared and discussed on the July 24 #MacroSW Twitter chat.
Your network is your net worth and a powerful tool you can use to advance your career or education. In this chat we’ll share networking strategies and best practices in addition to releasing our survey results. With the increased reliance online networking, we will also touch upon how important it is to maintain in-person connections.
- Do you network? If so, what’s your approach?
- What do you feel is your biggest obstacle to networking?(i.e. time, nerves, finding the right events)
- Do you use social media to network professionally? If yes, which mediums and how has it been beneficial to you?
- If you do not use social media, why not?
- Do you prefer in person or online networking?
- What’s your networking etiquette? What has worked best for you?
- What advice would you give to others who are ready to network?
To participate, log-in to Twitter at 9 PM EDT and use the hashtag #MacroSW. Please tweet any questions or responses directed to the moderator @TheNSWM and include the #MacroSW in all of your tweets.
The Network (@TheNSWM) hosts the #MacroSW tweet chat in partnership with community practice organizations and individual macro social workers, bi-monthly on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 9 PM EDT. Our collaborators include:
● University at Buffalo School of Social Work (@ubssw)
● Karen Zgoda (@karenzgoda), PhD Candidate at Boston College
● ACOSA (@acosaorg)
● University of Southern California School of Social Work (@mswatusc and @uscsocialwork)
We look forward to chatting with you!